Wednesday, February 13, 2008

temporary

Wish I could have captured all the faces most people portray when they hear me announce that we're moving back with the in-laws. One friend even asked if I was sure! (ps: we don't have a choice to change our minds..)

Truth be told, all those comments were not helping with my transition from my own home to a home which reminded me of home before. FULL of people. It's hard to be very calm about the whole process. It's hard to put on a brave face. Even now..

After almost 2 months of staying here, I have to say that it hasn't been that 'weird'. Tons of pros and cons obviously.

Major cons:

  • No absolute privacy. (can't walk around naked! hehe..)
  • No more kitchen of my own. (sure I can bake and cook in the kitchen here but it's just not the same! It's not the same..)
  • Chinese food everyday! I miss my 'banana' roots! Pasta was our staple in our home. Here, it's been rice with a few sporadic indulgences of non-chinesey food which is a total opposite of my kind of diet. I think I've only cooked chinese food 3-5 times in the whole year of our stay in our own home.
  • Chickens.. smell and sound. Roosters here have absolutely no sense of time!
  • Not enough parking space. We are ALMOST typical bruneians with a ratio of 1 car to 1 person. (Bruneian ratio is 1.5 cars to 1 person)
  • Not enough space. The bedroom's our room and everything. I swear that when we move next to our own home, there will be absolutely no telly in the room and I highly doubt that we will have cable.


Pros:

  • I have food cooked everyday.. =P
  • Don't have to worry about washing ck's clothes in time!(I wash clothes once a week or so.. Just need to check laundry basket. If it's piled up, it's time. Saves water and electricity)
  • Don't have to do much house cleaning anymore! woohoo!

I wonder how long we're going to stay here..

3 stickies:

Anonymous 12:26 PM  

Cheer up. :) Everything in its time. You're engaged in a good, respectable enterprise.

Chester 1:39 PM  

[Roy] Which is what exactly?
[Chel] Will try to make your stay here bearable. ^_^

Anonymous 12:42 PM  

[ches] Entrepreneurship

Who We Are

Two long time good friends who played and worked together for so many years, found love and got married on 30.12.06

Soon, we'll be a family of 3! Due date 13.02.09 but hopefully on 03.02 instead as we will then have another running number pattern with Chel's sis on 03.01 and her mum on 03.03

You can reach us via email:
clydeandchel@gmail.com

Lil Clyde

Lil Clyde

Lil Chel

Lil Chel

Lil Us @ Toby Max

Lil Us @ Toby Max

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP