Sunday, February 4, 2007

What shall I serve?

We eat in ALOT now.. More for the past month than we had for the past 6 months combined! (Ok, that's an exaggeration but you get what I mean..)

All meals are cooked by me of course! ( Ck only does instant noodles and PB&J sandwiches.. But if he had to choose, PB&J sandwiches as there's no need to cook! ) Cooking everyday is no easy feat.. Now not the cooking part mind you but coming up with the menu for the meal. Sure, there's tons of produce and meat products to choose from but which you use to make a meal is not an easy task. Choosing from a list made up of prawns, chicken, bacon, ham, beef, lamb, fish, capsicums, all green leafy veges, eggs, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, onions, cheese, bread, tortillas, noodles, beans, corn, pasta, mushrooms, potatoes... See! It really isn't easy!

PLUS! we all need a little help in the area of "weight watching". Especially with all the baking I've gone mad with for the past month. (Ck bought me a gorgeous BIG oven that can take a double batch of cookies easily when we moved in)
My BIG oven/stove top that has worked really hard since Day 1.

Cookies, cakes and pavlovas.. You name it, I'm attempting to bake them. So we're going to have no carbs for dinner since we seriously don't need any of it when we often stuff our face with chocolate chip cookies or Serious Orange cake as snacks! Thank God I'm Chinese ( Chinese cooking - stir fried veges and meat ) But then again, I'm a true b-a-n-a-n-a or as some cultures may call it, a t-w-i-n-k-i-e! Yellow on the outside but white on the inside. I've eaten Chinese food ALL my life but I truly truly truly fail.. No, that sounds too harsh. I "barely pass" when it comes to Chinese cooking..

So.. what shall I serve the man of the house today?

8 stickies:

Unknown 11:32 AM  

That's a mighty fine looking stove you've got there.

Anonymous 3:54 PM  

Still waiting for menu suggestions from ppl...

Unknown 11:56 AM  

Spanakopita. Greek Spinach Pie. Gia makes a pretty good one. I also like her Moussaka. Greek food is very oven-friendly.

Anonymous 6:26 PM  

Ermmmm in "my household" I cook the normal meals while he attempts to cook the impossible into something possible e.g. apricot jam goes into pretty much everything (bolognese, pies, tomato sauces), as does kikkoman soy sauce - and both together usually!

Anonymous 6:27 PM  

spag bol is the classic feel good dish for me :)

Chester 7:39 AM  

Tiramisu all the way!

Anonymous 10:13 AM  

ooo...mmm... i agree with ches, TIRAMISU! :)

Anonymous 10:15 AM  

oh n pizza n pasta...mmm... :) don forget to bring all this over.. hehe

Who We Are

Two long time good friends who played and worked together for so many years, found love and got married on 30.12.06

Soon, we'll be a family of 3! Due date 13.02.09 but hopefully on 03.02 instead as we will then have another running number pattern with Chel's sis on 03.01 and her mum on 03.03

You can reach us via email:
clydeandchel@gmail.com

Lil Clyde

Lil Clyde

Lil Chel

Lil Chel

Lil Us @ Toby Max

Lil Us @ Toby Max

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP