Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ka-ching!

Money handling... who does it in your household? The 'man' of the house or the 'woman' who turns the neck of the 'man' of the house??

I never really got to see who did it among my parents. I know for sure with my maternal grandparents, it was my grandpa! Tyrant.. For a good cause too! 10 kids! I've got 9 aunts and uncles with the youngest two within my "hangout" group. In fact my unc married my ex-classmate! Making her my 'aunt'? Eeeek! Still have problems calling her auntie today.. Am being 'Ang Moh' and just call her by name! Hehehe..

Back to the topic. Money handling in a family. Should it be shared both ways? Or ultimately one person to handle all the bills?

Should the 'man' be taking full responsibility to provide even though the 'woman' works? Should it be shared out equally, right down the centre? Or 'man' takes some and 'woman' takes some regardless of cost? Surprisingly even in a modern age as this, tons of people don't see and don't like the idea of sharing.. Man = provider. Woman, what you earn is yours! I've seen quite a number of couples where both parties are earning and the equation above applies.

How about just plain ol' dates? Who pays 'most' of the time. When the non-usual paying partner pays, how does the usual paying partner feel?

I for one love my Independence. Love the feeling of earning my own money and spending my own money. Knowing how hard it is to earn money, I feel quite uncomfortable 'taking' ck's money. I'll go about finding ways to 'make up' for it! After all these years, I still feel that way. Unless! there's a

then I can do


What's your money solution??

9 stickies:

Chester 4:57 PM  

My friend's parents split it like this-- The mom takes care of all grocery bills, and the dad takes care of utilities like electricity, water, rent, etc.

whistles81 12:09 AM  

Man=provider
Woman=everythg is her's

hohoho ;)

Many couples i know let the better half handle it... usually d wife...

But in ur case i wld tink u 2 can work it out 2gether which i believe is d ideal method ;)

i know i wld 1 it tat way...

Hsiaovun 2:37 PM  

Well.... in my opinion it should be like this hehehehe... next time for me i hope...

1. Hubby give wife a fix allowance.... which will take care of all the utilities... car loans... the grocery bills and to buy all things related to the house... that money also include pocket money for the wifey. So she can go for the once in a while handbag or shoes...

2. Hubby give wife another supplementary credit card with a fix credit limit every month... so emergencies or extravagences..

3. Money earned by wife is for her own use. And she will use it once in a while to buy gifts for the hubby ;)

But tat's my thinking anyway!

Chester 5:28 PM  

Wah lau, like husband print money la...

Anonymous 10:33 PM  

ahhhh alex the money-printer-in-disguise :D

Anonymous 9:47 PM  

printing money's good... don't we all want to print money?

[Lex] this comment of yours will be shown to your wife in the future! hehehe..

[ck] sooo... How about a money printing machine for me? Can source from Lex! =)

VK 11:00 PM  

Chel & Clyde.. happy birthday to both of you! 14th & 24th!!

Have you heard this before, whatever is his, is yours and whatever is yours, is always yours.. :-) That doesn't apply anyway!

I don't know about you guys! My wife is kindda understanding and she always reminded me that OUR MONEY!! So I guess, in your case, learn to accept that you guys are ONE and therefore, it doesn't matter who pays for what, etc.

Chel 1:49 PM  

Thanks for the birthday wishes! =)

For us, ck's the one who's always reminding me that it's OUR money! True to the tee that we ARE one and it really doesn't matter who pays but it's just me I guess. Always have a guilty feeling when he pays. Especially when it's often and it's a HUGE sum.

Unknown 11:38 AM  

Setting up a household isn't necessarily cheap. Your guilt isn't entirely misplaced either. Someone needs to be the $$$ thermostat in the relationship. :P

Who We Are

Two long time good friends who played and worked together for so many years, found love and got married on 30.12.06

Soon, we'll be a family of 3! Due date 13.02.09 but hopefully on 03.02 instead as we will then have another running number pattern with Chel's sis on 03.01 and her mum on 03.03

You can reach us via email:
clydeandchel@gmail.com

Lil Clyde

Lil Clyde

Lil Chel

Lil Chel

Lil Us @ Toby Max

Lil Us @ Toby Max

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP